Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When Breaks the Dawn

This morning brings with it the anticipation of wonderful things. At the moment, my hands are frozen, because I have just spent a lovely 45 minutes outside, watching the sun rise. The second that the last drop of coffee disappeared (goodness, I have no idea how that happened...) my brain decided that keeping warm wasn't a good idea. Therefore, please excuse any typos. I'm finding that typing with stiff fingers ends in frustration.
But I digress.
After seeing the mountain turn various shades of gold, blue, and violet, I got bored with trying to take pictures of it. Apparently, my little camera doesn't like to actually capture the mountain as it really is. (it takes a mammoth snow covered hill, and reduces it to a teensy, cloudy blob that looks much further away than it is) So, I (in a very sneaky manner, I assure you) went and got mom's camera, hoping for better results. Nope. Which leaves me to conclude one thing-- I lack the finesse required to get a good shot of the mountain. Of course, the tree in the way brings me some comfort. Also, I'm trying to convince you that we really do have a fantastic view of the mountain from our deck... I simply can't manage to get it on film.
Though I enjoyed solitude for the most part, I was eventually joined by several others. Namely, too many squirrels. I have often expressed my dislike for these grimy rat-relatives, and that still stands. They disgust me. They are far too bold. Anyhow, they dashed around the trees, chasing each other and chattering loudly. However, a much more welcome visitor was a blue jay, that nearly took a year off of my life when he came skyrocketing out of the bushes. I felt like he should've had a japanese accent, a red headband, and been screaming "Kamikaze!" Now, wouldn't that have made a good picture!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love your new blog look! I still havent seen your awesome deck yet or your amazing view! :( Thanks for sharing the photos on facebook. Wish I could see the view in person.

Anonymous said...

don't you love secret moments early in the morning like that? Thanks for sharing yours! I much enjoyed it! Let me know if you ever capture that shot. Love you!!! -Sarah Cassis