Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Currently facebook is not my favorite place. If you get on someday in the near future, and I’ve disappeared, it doesn’t mean I deleted you and blocked you as a friend. It may, however, mean that I triumphantly overcame the networking norm and compulsive cyber-social world, and deactivated. Presumably, at this point I am flooded with peace and quiet, take a deep breath, and… go to my blog. I need to keep it until the Mbewes come, though, and til after a photo job this weekend. I’m just using it for too many legitimate things at the moment. This way, my pictures are here, where people can choose to look at them. Also, I really can’t come up with a decent status that seems worthy to throw into everyone’s home page. Anything really clever that I have, I can just… text to my sister. I haven’t been on enough to chat with people, since if the internet is up for any significant amount of time, it’s because I’m editing photos or playing spotify. Which leaves facebook there just as a stalker tool.

This post? Frankly, it’s just an excuse to put up all the photos I’ve been playing with. So.

Me with my nieces last Sunday…I was holding Hannah, (sleeping), and Abigail wanted an excuse to have her blankie and suck her fingers. I  don’t know if mom or rachel took the picture. Typical Sunday afternoon.

DSC_4588

I was playing with shutter speeds and water… Froze mom’s fountain. One of them… Contrary to appearance, the shot was taken in broad daylight. Not the coolest or artsiest in the world, but I like it cause each water droplet is so individual and clear.

DSC_4691

Since I was having fun with water stuff, I wandered up highway 410 all by my lonesome to see what shots I could get. While the solitude was wonderful, it was a little difficult to drive and scope out the shots at the same time. You will be relieved to learn that I resisted the impulse to take pictures and drive simultaneously… ;-)

Waterfall.

DSC_5197

And the opposite shutter speed with a waterfall. You have to compensate with a really low ISO, and I had to do some creative tripod-stand in stuff til I buy my Manfrotto… :)

DSC_5255

“Thou flowing water, clear and bright…” Minus the clear part. I did that on purpose… :)

 

DSC_5014

Anyway.  I need to clear out my full memory card and charge up the battery…

I adore my camera. That’s all.

No comments: