Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Snapshot-Updates

Alrighty! My blog still exists! I think it was starting to feel grossly neglected. At the very least, I had begun to feel awfully negligent… Now that I am “back” (and yes, I highly enjoyed my week-away-from-the-internet), I am throwing out all the random updates.

Life: Good. Up and down.

Job: Great. Love it most days. There is an occasional moment when I nearly panic because some man wants two different flavored smoothies, three lattes (one nonfat, one with coconut milk, one regular milk. One decaf, two regular. One with one pump of vanilla, one with whip, straws, and double cupped.), and who knows what else-- then I spill one. The whole thing… ALL over me. Win. Did I mention that the lady at the other window wants four drinks as well? Just me here, folks. 

People who don’t have a bartender to tell their troubles to apparently count on their barista as a backup. No, sir, I don’t want to know, again, what your monthly income is, and that’s why you aren’t getting a frappuccino. No, ma’am, I didn’t need to know all that about your soon-to-be-ex-husband. (He seemed rather nice to me… ) Sir, why aren’t you wearing a shirt?

I have saved approximately a million dollars on Starbucks, though! 

California was a fun whirlwind. I used a terrible camera to take horrid pictures, then promptly put them all online afterward. I flew down, then met up with a friend to drive back up, bringing back all her college stuff. Someday, I will do that trip again… WITH the D7000. Oh, did I not mention that yet? I got it! A step up from the D90 I always wanted, so far I adore my new Nikon toy.

And that brings me to…

The Ligonier West Coast Conference, 2012!

I just got back from that. A plethora of excellent speakers, half of our church, 3,000 other people, couple new friends, and lots of trips for coffee made it an absolutely phenomenal weekend. And yup, I was the annoying girl with that big necklace who always had her camera. Thankfully I wasn’t the only one… So sorry for any of you that happened to be within range of my moderate zoom lens. Keep your eye out and I’m sure you’ll see a picture of you popping up somewhere. Possibly later on the blog.

Sincere apologies for the brevity and lack of substance of this post: I have some excellent excerpts and fun pictures for the next few. At the moment, my creativity is shot, and my brain is even worse, so I’ll stop before I do permanent damage…

No comments: